Hello to all my faithful readers!!!!…It’s been a hot minute since I last sat behind the screen to type one of these, but I figured that ya’ll would want to hear what’s in store for me in the coming weeks, :-)…
But, you already know what that means–MORE international adventures for me to blog about!!!!…Where, exactly???…
That’s right!!!!…In two weeks, I shall arrive at Heathrow International at 10:15 a.m. to begin a 5-week summer school session in London–one of the most exciting, vibrant, and cosmopolitan cities in the world, :-)…
And, for those splendid 5 weeks, I shall be living and studying here:
The Worrell House (!!), a 4-story brick home on Steele’s Road, within the neighborhood of Hampstead…
Now, for those of you that may not know, my school, Wake Forest University, has several of it’s own unique study abroad programs in various locations throughout the world (like Salamanca!!)…Within Europe, Wake has 3 houses: La Casa Artom in Venice; the Flow House in Vienna; and, the aforementioned Worrell House…
This place seems to have all the amenities: 6 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, kitchen, lounge space, living room, library, seminar room, WiFi, and a lovely English garden in the back…Not to mention, we’re only a 5-10 minute walk away from 2 Tube stations, Regent’s Park, and Keats Cottage…
Aw, man, I have a lot of things I want to accomplish by the time I leave London:
- Be able to pull off a Posh (think Helena Bonham Carter, Keira Knightley, or Carey Mulligan) and/or Cockney accent (think a young, female equivalent of Sir Michael Caine) for more than 5 seconds.
- See at LEAST one show on the West End (I REALLY want to see Once).
- Go to a world premiere.
- Meet Jeremy Irons (or any of those other epic, RADA-trained stage actors).
- Go sailing on the Thames in a sundress, with a parasol.
- See the Crown Jewels.
- Try to trip up the Buckingham Palace guards.
- Go to all those fabulous museum’s (hopefully with a discount designed for broke U.S. college students).
- Enjoy a weekend excursion to Bath, Oxford–maybe Edinburgh (budget providing).
- Enjoy some live music.
- Enjoy the diverse ethnic cuisines/street food the city has to offer (hello, Russian food!!).
- Spend a Sunday at the market.
- Ride a double-decker bus.
- Go on the Harry Potter tour.
- Ride the Eye.
- Visit Parliament.
- Enjoy a pint w/ fish and chips in a pub.
- Try Banoffee pie.
I’m sure there’s some more that I’m forgetting about, but you get my gist!!…
Well, until then, here’s to 2 weeks of preparation!!!!
2 thoughts on “EXCITING DEVELOPMENTS!!!!…”
take me with u….
…Sure, Ma–just squeeze into my suitcase, :-)…